This Policy describes (i) the types of information we may collect when you install, subscribe to, access, and/or use the features of ROPOSO Platform; (ii) the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when any advertisement or survey campaign is displayed by Company on ROPOSO Platform or as part of your interaction with such advertisement by Company; (iii) how we use that information, and the purposes for which we collect it; and (iv) how we disclose such information.
As used in this Policy, “ROPOSO Platform” means and refers to Company’s proprietary social entertainment platform (application/ site or as made available in any other format) called ‘Roposo’ and which enables users to explore, discover, watch, upload and share videos and other content including content created by you or others covering interesting stories, homemade videos, news, events, advertisements, etc. ROPOSO Platform also enables Ad Partners (defined below) to display advertisements, promotional offers and is a distribution platform for content creators.
This Policy applies only to information we obtain from you through the ROPOSO Platform. It does not apply to information that we may obtain from sources other than ROPOSO Platform who provide your information based on their privacy policies and your interaction with their offerings. ROPOSO Platform may also be permitted to collect certain information about you from the websites, applications, channels, services or landing pages (“Sites”) you access through ROPOSO Platform by the provider/owner of such Sites, in which case, we will treat such information in accordance with the privacy policies of such Sites in addition to this Policy, subject to the terms of the former. This Policy does not apply to websites or landing pages you may access through the ROPOSO Platform or your direct interaction with any third party including an advertiser even if you engage with any specific advertisement through the ROPOSO Platform, nor does it apply to information that you provide to or that is collected by any third party. We encourage you to read any such third party terms, conditions, policies, notices etc. before providing information on or to such third parties including Sites.
- Information we collect and how we collect it
We collect information from and about users of our ROPOSO Platform as stated herein
Information you provide to us with prompts
If you elect to install, launch, access and/or use the ROPOSO Platform, we will ask you to provide certain information to create your account such as name, telephone number, age and gender. You may also provide the ROPOSO Platform with additional information such as content/category preferences, location, areas of interest, language, region preferences etc. in order to customize the experience for you.
Where you elect to engage with any games through the ROPOSO Platform, you may participate in certain reward-based programs. We urge you to refer the terms and conditions of such participation and the respective policies of any reward partners.
ROPOSO Platform is meant for general audience and is not targeted towards users below 13 years of age, therefore, we do not knowingly request access to, collect or process personal information of any such user.
Other Information we collect without prompts
When you access, and use the ROPOSO Platform including when you view any advertisement displayed there, the ROPOSO Platform may collect:
ROPOSO Platform usage details. Details of your access to and use of the ROPOSO Platform, including interaction data, logs of access and usage, and other performance data and the resources that you access and use on or through the ROPOSO Platform, stories/videos/content you read, view, watch, interact with.
Device Information. We may collect information about or on your device such as the online device identifiers, advertising identifiers, device make, IP Address, display features, operating system make, browser type, network/wifi the content type of the ad (what the ad is about, e.g. games, entertainment, news); (ii) the ad type (e.g. whether the ad is a text, image, or video based ad); (iii) where the ad is being served (e.g. the address of the site on which the ad appears); and (iv) certain information about post-click activity in relation to the ad including user interaction with such ad or other non-personal data/information.
Location Information: The ROPOSO Platform collects information about the location of your smart device if you permit. You can choose whether or not to allow the ROPOSO Platform to collect information about your device's location by turning off the location settings on your device. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the ROPOSO Platform may then be inaccessible or not function properly. ROPOSO Platform may read your location on city level from your cellular network to enhance your experience and the content we serve you. This city level location data is solely used by our recommendation engine to serve you content.
Third party data: This is information provided by our partners. The information provided in these cases follow the respective privacy policies of such third parties. In the context of advertising displayed on ROPOSO Platform, Affiliates (in their capacity as advertising partners), ad networks, advertisers or such other third party demand partners (collectively “Ad Partners”) may also disclose to us certain personal or non-personal information they have separately collected about you so that we can effectively provide our services. They do this in accordance with their own specific privacy policies and subject to their own applicable legal requirements and, we will treat such information in accordance with the privacy policies of such Ad Partners in addition to this Policy, subject to the terms of the former. We do not use the information they provide to us for any purpose other than for providing or improving our services. “Affiliate” as used herein means, with respect to Company, an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Company. “Control” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interest of an entity.
- Cookies or pixels (or mobile cookies/pixels). A cookie is a small file placed on your smart device. It may be possible to refuse/accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smart device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain features of the ROPOSO Platform.
- Beacons. Pages of the ROPOSO Platform may contain small files known as beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permits Company to improve its services, for example, recording the popularity of certain application content, verifying system and server integrity.
Third-Party Information Collection: When you use the ROPOSO Platform or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include Ad Partners, ad servers, attribution partners and analytics companies, your device manufacturer and/or your network service provider etc. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you, your device and your interaction when you use the ROPOSO Platform. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. While we contractually require all our partners to comply with applicable privacy laws, please note that we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies.
Information about advertisements presented on your the ROPOSO Platform: Company also collects some or all of the following information about an ad presented on your device: (i) the content type of the ad (what the ad is about, e.g. games, entertainment, news); (ii) the ad type (e.g. whether the ad is a text, image, or video based ad); (iii) where the ad is being served (e.g. the address of the site on which the ad appears); and (iv) certain information about post-click activity in relation to the ad including user interaction with such ad.
Information provided through surveys displayed on the ROPOSO Platfor
ROPOSO Platform may display certain marketing surveys or survey related applications to you where you are requested to fill in a survey, at your election, for services or products that you use or request to provide your opinion regarding certain products or services
Some of the data sets mentioned in section 2 (A), (B), and (C) may be considered to be personal information/data, as per privacy laws in certain jurisdictions. Where you elect to provide such information/data, you consent to the use thereof by ROPOSO Platform by such election. To the extent such information/data is determined to be or becomes personal data/information as per privacy laws applicable to you, we will ensure compliance with such privacy laws in our collection, processing or use of the information/data including certain data subject rights, if any, that you may enjoy under such privacy laws. We do not collect, store or process sensitive information such as biometric data, sexual preference, medical information, credit card and other banking related information, etc.
- How Your Information is used
We (and our partners and Affiliates) may use information that is collected about you or that you provide, to (collectively referred to as “Permitted Purposes”):
- Provide you with the ROPOSO Platform features and its contents, such as location-based events, featured stories, offers and any other content.
- Provide advertisements, promotions and/or offerings that may be of interest to you by itself, Ad Partners or Affiliates.
- Notify you about your subscription to the ROPOSO Platform, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Notify you when any relevant ROPOSO Platform updates or upgrades are available and requires notification.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Enrich, build custom audience segments or merged data sets (using the data referred herein and/or third party or Affiliate provided data sets) to enable ROPOSO Platform, Ad Partners or Affiliates to better target advertisements and offer their services.
- improve our customer services and account maintenance including to detect, deter and prevent fraud, fraudulent traffic or to protect the security of our systems.
- Analyze and provide our Ad Partners with reports on the effectiveness of advertisements and campaigns run on ROPOSO Platform.
- process your survey responses and share the response data with the brands who are our customers/marketers.
- Make disclosures in the event of merger, sale, other asset transfers or other relevant corporate transactions. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include Company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our ROPOSO Platform customer support handle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure of your information for Permitted Purpose
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. We may also disclose information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our key shareholders, board, investors (debt or equity) and Affiliates. Affiliates may use the information for the permitted purposes set out in Section 3.
- Partners. We may share your data with our Ad Partners, vendors, customers, data partners, measurement companies, and other third parties we partner with for providing our products and services.
- Legal Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
You acknowledge that some of the recipients of your information may be located outside your country of residence. Where we transfer your information to such third parties, we will endeavour to ensure that your information remains secure from unauthorized disclosure or theft. To the extent required under data privacy laws of the applicable jurisdiction, we may transfer such information pursuant to consent or through applicable data protection agreements or other mechanisms permitted under such laws.
- Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. You may elect to disable, uninstall or unsubscribe from the ROPOSO Platform.
- Location data collection: You may opt out of the location data collection by ROPOSO Platform by turning off the location settings on your device. Note, however, that opting out of the ROPOSO Platform’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled. ROPOSO Platform may read your location on city level from your cellular network to enhance your experience and the content we serve you. This city level location data is solely used by our recommendation engine to serve you content.
- Interest-based advertising: If you want to be certain that no interest-based advertisements are sent to you, please use “Opt out of interest-based ads” on your Android device or “Limit Ad Tracking” on your iPhone or iPad or such other opt-out mechanisms made available on your device. You can opt out of receiving certain targeted ads by visiting the respective Ad Partners’ websites with whose advertisements you interact with; Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you will still receive "generic" ads.
- Data Security
We have implemented suitable technical and organizational measures to secure your personal information in compliance with our legal and privacy requirements and contractual obligations. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners regarding their collection, use or treatment of user data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure.
- Data Retention Period
Company may retain the information relating to your device collected for a period of up to 36 months, unless otherwise required by law or applicable contract.
Company may retain the information it obtains about you as per the instructions of its customers or partners who provide such information or as required to fulfil our contractual obligations. In case any information is provided by you in participation of a survey, Company will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it collected the information for.
After the applicable retention period, Company may retain and use such data in an aggregated format, as necessary for internal analytical purposes, to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes (including billing) and enforce agreements.
- Contact Information
To ask questions, exercise applicable data subject rights or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please e-mail us at email@example.com,
To the extent you may enjoy any data subject rights as per privacy laws applicable to you, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order of Prevalence:
Subject to applicable laws, the English language version of this Policy will prevail over any other language version issued by us for your benefit.